Thursday, October 11, 2007

AFriCA BoUnD!!!


Our "mug" shots for our IMB applications...aren't we soo cute? These were taken today downtown Wake Forest.

We've been working hard this week to complete the final round of IMB paperwork. I'm talking hours worth of paperwork. We have until Tuesday to have EVERYTHING submitted. After this round we will have a formal interview and then in January we're off to Richmond, Virginia for "candidate conference" without the kiddos. The time frame after that is then August we will go to ILC (International Learning Center) for 8 weeks for intense training, then mid-October we will fly out for...are you ready?

MZIMBA, MALAWI!!!


We have been in contact with Gary and Michelle Robertson who have been missionaries to Malawi for 9 years. They have two small children, Lydia who is 2 and Samuel who is 5. Can anyone breathe a sigh of relief that they have small children and we can relate??? I did! We have been talking about every day for two weeks or so. They will be coming to the States on furlough for 10 and a half months in November. We will get to meet them here and then all fly back in the same month together! Neat how God has done all of this. We are so excited. I could keep talking forever about this, but I won't right now.

Please pray for all of the lagistics involved with us moving to Africa. There are lots of things to do before we can go, we have to sell our cars and lots of belongings, get the kids passports, get money to pay for Justin's school while we are in Africa (roughly $5000), the list goes on and on. We are confident that God will give us wisdom to deal with all the decisions that need to be made! Thank you for praying for us during this phase of our lives. Please also keep the people of Mzimba in your prayers. That their hearts would begin to open to the message of Christ already.


I cannot even begin to tell you how excited we are!
If you think of any questions for us please email me!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

SO exciting! I will start praying towards these ends now. I so have a heart for Africa...my roomate from college, and her family, left for Zambia in February, from Southwestern...I love keeping up with them. They are on my blog-Joy King, for some fun visuals, if you're interested. They have 2 small children, and are now expecting their third. I'm so excited for yall!
Love your beautiful girls!
Steph