Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trip to Delhi


I didn't take but a couple of pictures on our drive today, all though there were many photo ops. This one cracks me up, because can you imagine taking a road trip in the States with your three year old laying across the backseat?? She did fine :)You may wonder why I get stressed out traveling by car for 8+ hours in India. I'll tell you why...

  • I have three kids 4 and under who SHOULD be in car seats. Two of which are very car sickness prone.
  • One of those kids is a 14 month old who can walk now and wants nothing to do with being held.
  • There aren't many traffic rules in this country, if there are any it would include that you are not responsible for anyone behind you (can you imagine this being played out?).
  • Animals are sacred and they roam busy highways and all roads, and sometimes you have to SLAM on breaks to not hit one, like today, when we crippled a goat and our driver lamented and asked his god forgiveness with fear and trembling of being punished. And there are many, many animals...goats, cows, buffalo, horses, monkeys, today we saw camels!
  • There are so many cars, buses, rickshaws, bikes, scooters, animal carts, kids, trucks of all sizes, and more that you are watching and hoping not to collide into.
  • I'm tired of thinking of reasons, but you get the idea!
I will say that I am glad our drive is over today. We enjoyed McDonald's very much at about half way, it has been 3 months since we've had it! We will enjoy lots of Western treats while in this city this week. More to come from that later on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baby's and no car seats!! that does sound scarry!!