Monday, November 26, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, How Lovely






We have five years worth of enjoying Christmas to do this year (including this year!). Last year I celebrated Christmas from a hospital bed, and while I adored my hospital room decorations, it isn't like home! The other three years we are celebrating for are those that we will possibly spend in Africa! We decorated our tree last night...and I can't help but stare as I pass through the room every single time! It is precious. Madelyn loves it too...and Catharine, as you can see from the picture, is all about crawling under the tree. We will pick our own "Christmas day" this year to open presents and all that. We will be in Disney World for Christmas this year, so we are doing everything else early at home. I am so thankful for what God has done over the past year. Last year we were unsure if Catharine would even live, and now we are watching her crawl under our Christmas tree. God is so gracious to us. He is so giving. We are so thankful for this time of year when we reflect on how good God is to us that He sent His Son through a virgin to give us salvation, if we only trust in Him for new life! We are new creations in Him and are forever greatful for our salvation and personal relationship with God!

We pray that this Christmas season, you will celebrate the birth of the Savior, however you chose to do so, remembering that He is to be praised above all!

No comments: