"If you faint in the day of adversity your strength is small."
Proverbs 24:10
"Those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for you Lord have not forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10
Our miscarriage has been a very strange trial. I've seen dear friends and precious family members experience miscarriages over the past year and never could relate until now. The truth is, I've done exceptionally well. I give God all the glory for that truth, because He has truly comforted us and given us unexplainable peace through this time. I truly believe that the purpose of that sweet baby's life was to change the course of our lives. We were very focused on our plan, that we thought was God's plan. Nothing was stopping us from going to Malawi. We were not even thinking about other things. I was packing my suitcase in my sleep. God knew we needed something drastic to change our plans. He knew we could handle it with His help. We had names picked out, yeah we tend to do that first thing :) Madelyn had predicted that it was a boy...we were somewhat convinced that she was right but now I'm not so sure.
Last night I had a dream and wanted to share it with you...
I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep with my hand on my belly like I normally did, thinking about the little baby growing in there. All of a sudden I could feel the baby moving strongly! I thought, "how strange...and why haven't I felt this before?" I realized I was 38 weeks pregnant and had not felt the baby move yet! I could feel the baby's body parts as mothers can sometimes do toward the end of their pregnancy, recognizing a back or feet and so on. I then saw a glimpse of her. She was beautiful. She had crystal blue eyes, not like Madelyn's, they were really light. She had her Daddy's brown hair and she was perfect. (You know how dreams are. Weird things happen that don't in real life. So in my dream is was normal to actually see her laying there next to me.) I then got up to go to the bathroom like a typical pregnant woman does in the middle of the night. When I sat on the toilet my water broke. I sat there and yelled for Justin to get up because it was time to go to the hospital. We scurried around packing a bag (I was kicking myself that I had not done that yet because I couldn't think straight to pack what I needed.) Justin ran next door to wake up Gina and then to Genny's. We sent the girls to Gina's house and Genny came over to help me. I was panicked because my kitchen was dirty and I hated that someone else was going to clean it up...I knew I should have cleaned it before bed. What was I thinking? Then we were in the car.
We arrived at the hospital and I was ushered into a labor and delivery room. My nurse seemed a little flighty and unsure of her ability to assist me. I knew that because my water was broken I needed to deliver soon or infection could set in. She informed me that it was her first day at work, so I then marched to the nurse manager station and demanded a new nurse. (I know you are laughing because this is SO something I would do!)
Dr. Mauro (a doctor I love at UNC) came in and informed me that they needed to do an emergency c-section because it had been a couple of hours since my water broke. I was fine with that...not nervous or anything.
Then I woke up.
Sorry I haven't been updating as much as normal. I'm camera less! We spent most of this week in Montgomery, AL with Katie (Justin's sister) and her son John David. We got to see Andrea and Keith and Mema (Justin's grandmother). It was a short visit, but so nice. It is always refreshing to get out of Wake Forest for a little bit. Alabama will always be home :)
Madelyn Update:
She is going potty in the big girl toilet and wearing pull ups and panties!!! She LOVES being a big girl. She has started using our phrases against us...like "no Daddy, I'm talking!" She keeps us laughing with her grown up ways. She loves Khaki so much and especially loves wearing Khaki's clothes. This will change in about 10 yrs when Catharine wants to wear Madelyn's clothes!!!
Catharine Update:
Catharine is spicier than we anticipated. She has some spunk in her. She is cruising but not walking on her own yet. Eating regular food and drinking regular milk. She is SO funny and has the best pouty face we've ever seen. She is such a joy.
Justin Update:
Justin is taking midterms right now. It will be a busy week. He is a ref for intramural basketball games at the Seminary on Tuesday nights which keeps him busy, and he still works out about 5 days a week. He will be done with classes May 22nd and we are looking at moving home after that until we leave the country in 2009. We'll see what God does :)
Chandra Update:
I'm itching to scrapbook! I'm also itching to spring clean my house! I've been working from home which is nice for some extra income. Basically my day is keeping up with two very energetic girls and an ever messy house! I wouldn't trade my worse days for anything, although sometimes I think I could :)
We are overall doing well. Looking at the next stage of our lives. Wondering where God will take us next and when! Life with Christ is so exciting and fabulous, even the tough times are worth it. What would we do without Him? We are so thankful for His purposes for our lives.
Until later...Much love from Wake Forest!
1 comment:
What a great dream! LOL. Funny at the same time. Umm, I have a few things to tell that doctor of yours in regards to that c-section though. LOLOL. Good thing it was a dream. LOL. Miss you guys and the girls!
Post a Comment