Friday, April 11, 2008

April Update

Yeah. So cute. So I left the room for a few mintues and came back to a theraputic painting session gone finger painting!! These were not finger paints! How funny. She loves painting...I guess I need to get some finger paints now :) We have been enjoying the spring weather lately. The girls love to spend the day outside as much as possible. One day last week we went with our precious friends Alisia and her two children, Hudson and Naomi to the mall to play at the play area. The girls LOVED it. It was their first time playing there (cold and flu season just ended). Let's just talk about this for one second. Catharine isn't walking. She refuses atcually to do it for us. She knows how and has been cruising for awhile. Well, two nights ago we were outside and my dear neighbors and friends Christy and Genny got Catharine to walk 3 steps to them. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We tried to capture some walking after it actually happened the first time. This was the closest we got. Can you believe this? She since then has been practicing at home some, but not as good as she did for Christy and Genny. How funny.
Madelyn and "her hudson." She saw this picture and said, "that's my Hudson, isn't he beautiful?!" LOL. Hudson says he is going to marry Madelyn one day...we would be happy to arrange that :)
Getting better at balancing. She loves to put rocks in her mouth and then crawl as fast as she can away from me so I can't get it out. She thinks it is so funny...she laughs her head off. I'm so scared that she is going to swallow a rock one day. If she would only start walking!!
More playing at the mall. Madelyn riding a turtle.
For the record...

I started Weight Watchers last Sunday. Since my last pregnancy/miscarriage I have gained over 10 pounds. My clothes are tight and truly I need to lose about 20 pounds for my height. I'm excited about changing our eating habits. We have incorporated wheat flour, more fresh veggies and fruit and whole foods into our diets. So far we're doing good! It is amazing how much junk I was used to eating and feeding my family every day. We seek to glorify God with our eating habits. Thank you for your prayers in this matter!


Justin is working so hard with school and the hardware store. He is trying to finish the semester strong. We have our minds and hearts on Dalraida and Montgomery...we are so excited! We will get to celebrate Madelyn's third birthday there....how fun!!


Madelyn is almost potty trained. She actually stayed clean and dry all day yesterday! Today we went to Walmart in panties and she used the bathroom before we left...still clean and dry now!!! How exciting :)


Hope you are having a wonderful spring! We will go strawberry picking Sunday with some friends...will have some great pictures from that! Have a great weekend!