Friday, August 29, 2008

UAB Children's Appointment

Today we drove to UAB Children's hospital to see a pediatric Pulmonologist. We were relieved when the doctor came to the conclusion that Catharine has asthma and reflux and nothing scary with her lungs (asthma we already knew about really.) He gave us a daily inhaled steriod med, and emergancy inhaler if needed. No more breathing treatments is what we are hoping for, and the preventitive steroid will help to keep her from having bad wheezing episodes. We will start her on that ASAP. It takes six weeks to kick in, so we are hoping to get it in her system before any colds break out this fall.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

More later...it has been a long day!

Love,
Chandra

4 comments:

Mark, Genny, and Aivia Lindsey said...

Hey. I'm so glad to hear about Catharine's appointment. Wonderful news. I know that you are relieved. Miss you.

The Tyler Family said...

We are glad to hear that Catharine's appointment went well. We miss you guys.

Stephanie said...

Great news!! PTL!
Just had to let you know that I check in on yall every week and SO appreciate the updates...makes it not feel like we're disconnected...hope it always stays that way!
SO excited for the baby that's being knit together in your tummy right now, too!
Love you, girl.
Stephanie Lyon

Angela said...

Hey there! I met you in Raleigh one night! You were on a girls' night out and I was with Erin Stanford. I actually just found you through Erin's blog as well :o)

I love your blog and am grateful to find it :o) We have been through it all with asthma in several of our kiddos. We have used the meds you talked about and they really do make a world of difference. We used lots of airborne in those early weeks of meds, to try and stave off the cold germs--that and lots * lots of PRAYER!!!

I am making a note to remember you all and lift up your little Catharine during this time of adjustment to meds.

God bless you!