Friday, September 17, 2010

2 Weeks

We've been in America for 2 weeks. We're over jet lag, and India seems so far away. We've had several confirmations in the past two weeks from the Father that we did the right thing, which is very comforting since leaving India was the hardest thing we ever did. I'll share two of those confirmations now.

Several days ago, I was contacted by a cousin I don't talk to very often. My Grandfather had suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. My Grandparents live in Washington state, along with most of my other family. I felt a very strong need to be there with my Grandma, as we are very close. What a gift from God that we are in the States and I can go to Washington to be with my family! I will leave early next week as the funeral will be next Thursday.

Catharine has been struggling with horrible skin problems. She was diagnosed with Eczema before we left the States, but the past two months, her skin has been the worst we've ever seen. She was even losing hair. We had her tested for a genetic disorder because her conditions were so bad. We were hoping to have her seen very quickly when we returned to Alabama because she was suffering and seemed to be getting worse. By God's grace, she got an appointment for this past week and saw the only pediatric dermatologist in the southeast! This doctor was amazing, and we had the best experience we've ever had at a doctor's office. We are on day 3 of medications and Catharine's skin already looks so much better. She is on her way to recovery, and we are so thankful.

We've had a great two weeks spending time with family and friends and look forward to more of that in the coming days. We are planning on moving to Wake Forest, NC for Justin to resume seminary classes in November. We are hoping to rent a house (but are on the seminary housing list, just in case), and Justin is still job hunting. I'm hoping to start my LPN degree next year, and Madelyn will start Kindergarten! Yay!

We miss India, mostly for the relationships we had there. We haven't had terrible re-entering culture shock encounters. I've been thankful for quick food options, clean water, constant power and Internet, etc., you know, the little things.

Have I mentioned that our girls are really happy?




2 comments:

Kelly said...

so good to see such a encouraging post from you guys. I am so glad you see God's hand is all this, keep looking to Him only! the girls are getting so big!

Mrs. Sojourner said...

I love how God gives us confirmations like that. So glad you got to go to your Grandfather's funeral and be with your family. Also, great to hear about the dr apt and how well Catherine is doing. Praying for all the details of your move.