Yesterday, we picked out 5 outfits for her to wear this week (so no arguing). We packed her backpack with her required folder, clipboard, and crayon pouch. We made her lunch together, she helped spread the peanut butter. She chose, peanut butter and cherry jelly, cheese stick, apples, Cheeto's, Nutter Butter's (with a small handful of M&M's) and white grape peach juice in her cup. :)
Sigh.
My sweet girl. She is so extroverted, like me. She will do great. She will love it. She is strong and smart and brave. She loves people and learning. And I will be fine too.
We got up and she saw her decorations. She was very pleased with the swirly letters that spelled out "kindergarten" and the hearts I added to each letter to make them "special." She noticed every detail, as I knew she would. And she moved a chair in front of them so she could sit and look. Man, I love that girl.
For breakfast I cut waffles into "Ks" and she had them with peanut butter and honey, a side of peaches, and of course, chocolate milk :)
I took her to school, and we held hands the whole way in. I had to keep her from running to her classroom when she saw the apple tree in front of her door. When we got to her room, she ran in and found her seat. That was it. No good-byes or hugs! So, I chatted with her teacher (whom I already adore) and then called her name to say good-bye, blew a kiss, and off I went!
Pictures to come tonight...
:)
1 comment:
What a milestone, Chandra! It makes me so nervous about my own time coming all too quickly!
Post a Comment