Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Update

Hello Friends :)

I find myself looking at the date and gasping that it has been almost a month since my last post!  I realize that I update Facebook about daily and always upload current pictures there, but I have been missing my blogger life.

So, here's a recap.

In the past month, we've been busy!  Like most of you, probably ;)

 We've been lots of silly...

 And there was a Madelyn/Daddy date that included a fancy salon and dinner...

 Sweet dressing up with besties...and these two are in fact BFF.

 This girl melts my heart.  She is the one who made me a Momma and she lets me know how much she adores me on a daily basis.  Today, she stood up on her bathroom stool in front of the mirror and while fussing with her hair asked, "Momma, do you think I look like I'm nine today??"  Oh my.  She is beautiful and I'm treasuring every minute I have with her.

Elizabeth has started dressing herself.  This is good and messy.  Most days her clothes find their way to the floor, which means lots of extra folding and putting away for me later on.  You never know what is going to come out of her mouth, and she wants to chew gum only to end up swallowing it, and then begging to chew it saying "I won't swallow it, Mommy, I promise!"  She is a snuggle bug and loves to "do it myself."

 She's officially lost all of her front teeth!  She has lost some faith in the tooth fairy, seeing that fella is never on time with delivering funds.  She told an adult at our church after the tooth fairy didn't come that she was beginning to think her parents were just telling her the tooth fairy would come but were really just sneaking into her room and putting money under her pillow.  She hasn't breathed a word of this to us...but how stinking funny!  She is super grown up in her big sister-ness and 1st grader experience.

We've made some trips for ice cream after school sometimes.  This day was so cool outside (a shocker in Alabama) and so we sat outside of McDonald's.  Every time I look at this picture I am overwhelmed with how the Lord has blessed me with such treasures.  These three teach me so much, and I'm so thankful to be their Momma.  

 Our Catharine.  She is our prayer warrior.  If someone isn't feeling well or she just sees a need, she will stop whatever she is doing to pray out loud!  She loves to go places, especially the Kid's museum, McDonald's, and the library.  She is so silly and has the best laugh. She and Madelyn both started piano lessons last week.  And, she is really getting big. 

Some of you may be wondering about her health...well as things cool off from a very steamy summer, she is doing much better.  We spent our summer NOT outside unless there was cool water to dip into.  She always asked if it was too hot or of she could go outside.  Her skin condition is something we deal with daily.  We've got a good handle on techniques to keep her from getting too bad, but we have a new "something" to talk to the dermatologist about.  She has white blotchy spots all over her body after being in the sun some this summer.  She will go to the dermatologist sometime this fall.



The beginning of September marked one year that we've been back from India.  I say this in disbelief.   A year ago, we had NO idea what God was going to do in our lives.  Justin became the Associate Pastor of Missions and Discipleship at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, Al.  We bought a house in an awesome part of town, not even a mile from our church or elementary school!  Madelyn started 1st grade...so many good things.  

Our new roles as mobilizers is a very humbling and exciting one.  We can see the Lord really working here and really moving in the hearts of some people to go to the ends of the earth...we are thankful to be here to encourage those folks and walk with them through the process.  

Our kids are happy.  Their favorite "game" to play is still packing up their bags and going somewhere.  They get all of their toys, blankets, etc., and put them in little bags, then get on airplanes and fly all over the world.  We all talk about India from time to time and of course our house is full of pictures that stir up memories.  I'm thankful our kids know what living overseas is like.  They have a foundation that a lot of other kids don't, this is a good thing.  

I guess that catches us up for now!  Hope you are all doing well as fall weather starts sneaking in and Christmas displays start going up in stores.  I'm excited about the new season!  


Blessings!

No comments: