We are here, we are safe. It is cold and windy. The excitement I feel in my heart cannot be described in words. I told Justin yesterday when we walked into the conference center meeting room, "I feel like a little girl in front of Cinderella's castle in Disney World, but we are FINALLY at ILC in Richmond!"
You just have no idea the numerous barriers we have faced to get here. Our hearts truly beat for the nations to know Christ and to hear the message of salvation. We have heard from dear, precious people "why go? Why not stay here? There is so much work to do in the States!" Yes, this is true. BUT, are you aware that there are 6.4 BILLION people in the world? 5% of those are in North America. 61% are in Asia. God commands that we go and tell the world...the majority of the world is not here! We cannot help but feel the sense of urgency to go and tell.
You know, my precious friend and Mother-in-law told us when she left us crying at Seminary in a new city and state that it was going to be tough. She said that there would be times we would want to go home, but that God was going to weed out those who weren't worthy and faithful to Him. There were so many times we wanted to go home. SO many times we couldn't pay bills, so many times we had to beg God to give us confidence in His calling on our lives. We almost lost a daughter, we then lost a precious baby through miscarriage, and God used every bit of our circumstances that were painful and hard to guide us to exactly where He wanted us. We never would have imagined being on staff at Dalraida. He has used His people at that church in so many ways to confirm our calling and even the location that we are to serve Him for the next 3 years. So many have doubted our call, we too at times have wondered...but never could we shake that there are millions who would beg of us to tell them of the wonderful Savior!!
So far, being at ILC has been truly priceless. We have met so many amazing people who are going to serve the Lord in various places. Some are going career, some are going for 2-3 years. Some are in ministry already and some are lay church members selling everything they have and taking their families to the mission field! Amazing!!
Thank you for praying for us this week as we narrow down our choices, pick our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd job preferences, and continue to learn and grow.
Revelation 7:9-10 says:
After these things I looked, and behold a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!"
What a privilege to be a part of this task. An honor to serve the Lord.
The great missionary hero William Carey said, "I question whether all are justified in staying here, while so many are perishing without means of grace in other lands."
He also said this, which we pray God will give us the faith to echo:
"I care not where or how I lived, or what hardships I went through, so that I could but gain souls for Christ. While I was asleep I dreamed of these things, and when I awoke the first thing I though of was this great work. All my desire was for the conversion of the heathen, and all my hope was in God."
2 comments:
I am so glad everything is going well for you guys. Reading your blog makes me realize how little I am witnessing to my friends and family here. Thank the Lord for families like yours who are so willing to go and tell of His Love and Salvation. Praying for you, Amber.
Love you! We think you guys are amazing! I guess I need to get busy painting Elizabeth on a canvas for you...Let me know what you want on there.
Post a Comment