Monday, February 14, 2011

Steadfast Love

My heart is confident, God, my heart is confident.
I will sing; I will sing praises.
Wake up, my soul!
Wake up, harp and lyre!
I will wake up the dawn.
I will praise You, Lord, 
among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
For Your faithful love is as high as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches the clouds.
God, be exalted above the heavens;
let Your glory be over the whole earth.
 Psalm 57:7-11

Some of you may think I'm crazy.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a hopeless romantic...a huge fan of lovey movies that involve Meg Ryan...BUT, they just aren't real.  No human can love another in the same pure and holy way that our God loves us.  The love that I've been shown every day since the day I came to know Jesus Christ is something that cannot be compared to any earthly love.  I love my husband, yes.  I love my children, yes. 

I'm saying all of this to just tell you that only God's love never fails.  

This Valentine's day, I just want to stop and share this news with you: Only God's love forever satisfies and never lets you down.  He will never leave you.  Nothing you ever do will drive him away.  He will love you forever and always and He wants you to love him.  So, who has your heart today?  Who has your complete devotion?  Your praise?  Your worship?  

I pray that on this day, you will choose to love the Most High God who knows the count of hairs on your head...He is so good.

Happy Love Day!

No comments: