I have been sorting through pictures today, you know, organizing. I was just loving all of the memories as I browsed through hundreds of pictures and had to blog about it. After all, you walked through the journey with us, so why not let you in on the walk down memory lane? Enjoy :)
 |
| The day we said good-bye, all of my neighbor ladies came over to give gifts and say good-bye. It was so sweet and sad, but provided wonderful closure for all of us. These women helped me so much while we lived in their neighborhood. They introduced me to nationals, helped me with language, helped me learn to cook Indian food, taught me to knit, and so much more. |
 |
| Oh, what would we have done without these little jewels?? My girls loved these little fellas so much that they still talk about them. It breaks my heart when Catharine asks me if we can go to their house to play. I'm so thankful for this family and the constant and faithful work they are a part of in India. |
 |
| Love, love, love. Can't wait to spend more time with these precious folks, either in this life, or in heaven! |
 |
| My Di Di. I don't know if that is how you spell it, but it means "sister." She truly was like one to me, she helped me so much. My Landlady, Bharti. She lived upstairs and was always there to rescue me when I needed it! She helped me with cooking, language, and culture. I love this woman and still pray for her salvation. |
 |
| This picture really helps to show how much of a ministry Elizabeth was. Our neighbors loved her so much. She was super friendly and warm and would go to any of them like they were family. They all begged us to leave her with them when we moved away, lol. |
 |
| How I miss this view. This was from our front porch. The beauty of God's creation was magical. No matter how hard things were, we were constantly in awe of His beautiful creation. |
 |
| Mihir. We had such a wonderful relationship with our Landlords' son, Mihir. He was a blessing to me because he spoke english. He loved my girls like they were his sisters and helped us so much. We were able to share the Gospel with him and leave a Bible with him. Praying for him still as he reads it! Would you lift up Mihir? |
 |
| This story was actually very funny. Of course when a baby is born, you must go and visit, bring a gift, have chai, and hold the baby. Well, this baby didn't have on a diaper----and well, I left very wet. But, it was sweet to spend time with this family that lived one story below us on the mountain. Their oldest daughter helped me so much with language, and I loved her very much. |
 |
| I have to ask you, do you see all of the people behind the kids watching them?!! We bought them all umbrellas because it was a very warm day and the umbrellas were like $2. |
 |
| Ice cream bars!!! |
 |
| Spending time with our Landlords and her parents. It was great. All the time we spent with them. |
2 comments:
Thank you for these beautiful pictures!!
And that view. Whew. Wow.
What great memories you have!
Post a Comment