Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sickish

It all started with "allergies."  Then we all had "colds".  Now there are fevers and pounding heads and (gross alert) vomit and the other kind of gross outflow... Madelyn's fever has been going on for 4 days now.  Last night she woke up at 2 with her fever returning so I gave her Ibuprofen, at 4 she still had a fever and it worried me sick!  I've never had medicine not work!  Who knows what kind of horrible virus is plaguing our home, but we are trying to make happy moments...



Ok, this is just proof of what happens when I let Elizabeth out of my sight for a second!  I was vacuuming the living room and this is what I found when I got done...

Medicine, medicine, medicine....

She felt so bad she made herself a pallet on the playroom floor.....

You never see this girl like this.  Her fever has been about 103.4 for days :(

We broke out the hats this week because of an awesome cold front!  Oh, and she totally decided this week to stop wearing diapers!  She has mostly stayed dry for a week now!  Only at night does she wear a pull up. 

Fall pine cone painting.  We picked out fall craft paint colors at our new Michael's.  This was a great craft, they all loved it.  Though, if you want to do it, don't use foam brushes.  Regular paint brushes would work much better.



 So pretty!

 My Mom's healing soup.  I altered it a little...

My recipe for "healing soup"

Chicken thighs on the bone (1/2 to 1 pack)
Fresh broccoli
Fresh carrots
Half head of cabbage
Onion
Minced garlic
Black pepper
Sea salt
Bow tie pasta

I usually coat the pan with EVOO and sizzle my garlic and onion, don't be skimpy on the garlic, that is the secret of "healing" in the soup!  Then I add the chicken and brown it up, I add water to the top of the pan and TONS of pepper (TONS) and salt, as well as some other spices (whatever you want!).  After the chicken is cooked, pull it out and pull off the bone, then add your veggies.  Let them cook to desired tenderness, then add noodles, when noodles are done add about half of the chicken (we don't like a whole lot of chicken and then I have chicken to make a casserole for the next day!)  Let simmer until you are ready to eat!  YUM.  

3 comments:

Falyn and Joyanne said...

So sorry your babies are sick. How I KNOW what that has felt like lately! I'm sure you may know this, but here is some fever help. If the meds don't work, try a tepid(lukewarm) bath. Joy usually cries at first because it is uncomfortable esp. when they are tired in the middle of the night, but it works. That with the meds should drop the fever enough to catch a break. However, don't be tempted to warm up the lukewarm bath because that will elevate the fever. Hope this helps...much love to all your girls!

Stephanie said...

your poor girls! esp. madelyn!

that soup sounds so yummy!!

Mark, Genny, and Aivia Lindsey said...

You've been holding out on that recipe. I'm going to try it.