I'm wondering if we should try to get on that show "Mystery Diagnosis." This is out of control! Yesterday I took Catharine to Wake Med Children's ER for wheezing and rapid breathing (fancy words). They did an Xray to rule out a few things, which it did. The pictures were perfect. The doctor at the ER confirmed what Dr. Dirk said last Friday. They think it is Reactive Airway Disease (fancy for Asthma). I'm not convinced. Asthma is at its worst at night, Catharine is sleeping GREAT at night (with some feeding exceptions). No coughing or wheezing at night at all. We are finishing the steroid and antibiotic today and tomorrow, which so far have not seemed to put an end to anything. We will go for a follow-up with the pediatrician this afternoon or tomorrow depending on how Catharine does after lunch. Her wheezing this morning wasn't good.
Our doctor at UNC from the NICU that was Catharine's primary care giver (and who God used to save Catharine's life!) emailed me with some answers. She recommended that we see a Pulmonologist (lung specialist) at UNC. So we are getting referred now. I'm hoping that this doctor will rule out any lung problems.
I can say that Catharine is a happy wheezer. She smiles through the coughing and breathing problems. What a sweet testimony of taking on trials in joy! LOL...she is such a blessing to us. We are confident that God will get her through this...He is always faithful.
Thank you so much for your encouraging emails. You are always to quick to encourage us and make us feel loved. We are grateful to our neighbors, friends and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment