Friday, December 26, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

For the first time ever, we spent Christmas morning at our own house! Justin's parents and Mema spent the night with us too and were able to see the girls open their gifts on Christmas morning. This is going to be our last Christmas in the U.S. for up to 3 years, so it was very special. We treasured every minute! Here are the highlights through pictures...Catharine playing with her "Mrs. Potato Head" doll. We thought this would be good to take overseas.
Madelyn with her new headphones that connect to her Leapster. She thinks she is so big!

The tree Christmas morning. Santa brought the girls both sleeping bags!

Justin reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve.

The girls on Christmas Eve with their new "pets" and pajamas. Those pets are so real, it is crazy! They move when you are close by and meow and bark. So funny!
Loving their pets.
Pop in the tent with Khaki.
Catharine with her Nana and Pop.
Madelyn with her Nana and Pop.
Making cider with Nana.
Dollhouse!!!
Helping Mema open a present.
Sharing her umbrella with Pop (she says it keeps her warm!).
New shirt from Mom and Dad.
I got new perfume and body wash! Fun :) I do think this is the ONLY picture of me from Christmas by the way.
Oh, I was wrong, here I am in the background! This is Jesus' birthday cake. The kids sang happy birthday to Jesus!
Katie, Justin and their parents performed a skit called "Wee" for the rest of us on Christmas Eve. They did this when Justin and Katie were really little. The kids enjoyed it, well we all did...it was really silly!
Opening her puppy!
Present time!
Playing in the tent.
Their faces when they saw the tree and presents for the first time! It was a fun day for everyone!

5 comments:

Davin, Alisia, Hudson, and Naomi said...

What fun! I know that those memories will last you the next 3 years! How wonderful to be at your own house on Christmas and still be close to family.

Stephanie said...

what a fun Christmas! it looks pretty similar in our house, with 2 girls! we have a new leapster, princess umbrella, princess everything!! :)
miss yall.
thanks for the christmas card--sorry for our absence in that dept.
the girls are beautiful. how far along are you these days?! feeling good? i'd love an update.

Margaret said...

I know our time together at Stony Hill was brief but I've enjoyed reading about your family on your blog! It looks like you had a great Christmas! Your girls are sure growing (you only had Madelyn when we knew you)! They are precious!

The Stokley Family said...

Hey Chandra!
I got your blog address from someone at church and just wanted to say hey! The girls are beautiful! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I also love the Preschool website you guys use, we are going to start using it to.
Tiffany (Pozdolski) Stokley

Anonymous said...

love seeing pics of the girls. Still racking my head trying to figure out how to come see you. i have no bright ideas. :(