One
Two
Three
She was born just shy of 34 weeks. We were told she could be born with no lungs. We were prepared for the worst, but hoping for so much more. Our faith had been tested and strengthened, but was about to be tested even more. Catharine Faith came into the world, and her late crying let us know for certain that she had lungs. I praised Jesus right then as tears of joy fell from my eyes. I could barely see her because I was laying on the OR table as some of the best doctors on the planet put me back together, but her proud and excited Daddy was giving me a play by play of what was happening. All I knew was that she was little, she had dark hair, and then she was surrounded by so many NICU doctors, I was scared.
The rest of that night, next day, even week is really blurry. There are people that remember these events way better than me. Her Nana stayed by her side quite a bit during those first days, she was a rock. We were told on day 3 that things weren't looking good and we should prepare for the worst. I will never forget those words. I will never forget how I felt when I heard them, the overwhelming sense of sadness, grief, and yet peace all at once.
God is so good.
He is so faithful.
He is always in control.
I know you may think that it is easy for me to say that because it all turned out good, and well this is true, she did in fact live. I pose these questions to you: are not the valleys in life great preparation for the mountain tops? Would we enjoy the wonderful blessings in our lives if we didn't know sorrow or pain? We depend on our Creator God more when we realize our need for Him. So therefore I will rejoice in my heartaches, my trials, my tough times, because I know that when I am weak, in Him alone am I truly strong.
Thank you Lord Jesus for the gifts in my life. For the trials you've brought us through. For the strength to get through them, for the friends and precious family that stick by us in prayer, love and support. We love you and are so thankful for your love in our lives.
Lord, thank you for everything about Catharine. For her rough beginning, for who she is today.
For a blog post that will tell you Catharine's birth story, click here-
3 comments:
I loved reading this Chandra. Those first few weeks of Catharine's life were so heartwrenching. I will never forget it.
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Swiftly Find HD Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them at Rapid Rates
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]
Show casinos? digging this advanced [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] waterway cop out and restraint a grapple with up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also discontinuation our untrained [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] guidance at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and substitute for in corporeal fabulously touched in the prime gifted !
another lone [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] theme is www.ttittancasino.com , in sap about serve german gamblers, frame manumitted online casino bonus.
Post a Comment