Slowly, slowly, Madelyn is loving school. She doesn't love getting out of bed, or eating breakfast, but, is starting to love being at school. She has a BFF whom she named "Maddie" until the 3rd week of school when we discovered by asking her mom that her real name was "Savannah." Madelyn and Savannah eat lunch together every day, play "ladybugs" on the swings at recess, and hug tightly before we leave school every day. They tell secrets, they hold hands, and Madelyn says, "I just love her sooooo much, she is my best friend."
Madelyn came home from this school this week talking very southern. Like the kind that makes you laugh out loud...even though I know we also have southern drawls. We were doing her reading homework and she was practicing some "Am I" sentences. Her "Am I a..." sounds like:
Am I a car?
"Aim ah uh car?"
Oh, it is so stinking funny. But, she is learning how to read. So, there ya go.
Did I mention that I joined a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group? I just looked up the national website and searched. There is one 30 minutes away, in Columbus, MS. It was really priceless to sit with other moms for 2 hours while my kids were taken care of in their own classes. I learned, once again, the value of filling up my own cup. "Marty" spoke on how she collects tea cups, and as a reminder, it helps to fill our own cups so we can pour out to our families and other responsibilities. Filling our cups as moms could include anything we do for ourselves that helps us to feel better---ex., reading a book, exercising, friends, etc. So, it was a great reminder, and my cup got filled. I will look forward to those two days a month that I can go fellowship with other mommas.
Just a little update, I'm feeling much less bluish these days. I appreciate your kind words and prayers...the Father really is mending me. He always does.
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment