Just to update you, so many have asked: we took Catharine to Delhi last week for a consultation with a pediatric geneticist. He was great and had an awesome staff. Exceeded my expectations for sure. He felt that her symptoms did seem to indicated a genetic disorder called Ectodermal Dysplasia, but only a blood test would tell for sure. We will be getting the results in 3 weeks or so. I will not go into how this could change our lives, or what this would mean. I will save that for if the test is positive. I will say that someone wise told me this week without knowing Catharine's history or anything that, "no diagnosis can thwart God's promise on her head. He has a promise on her life that will be fulfilled, no matter what." What a great reminder.
Next on the list, Thailand. We will be going to Thailand (insert thankful sigh) to (ahem, drum roll) apply for new visas! The Lord allowed every document needed to sort of "fall into" our laps at the right time. In September we will go, and there will be fun pictures to share! We're excited, can you tell?
So, something I'm learning. Life here is always proving to be hard. I mean hard, like harder than anything I've ever been through before. When you take away all of the comforts of America, even the simplest thing like long, hot showers or Fox News. I mean normal things. And replace it with all things Indian culture and third world life, you get emotions so intense you think you will explode sometimes. At every turn a new frustration, and then follows new emotions all over again. A steady and faithful walk with the Lord sustains and encourages. But, you need to know that people in this line of work are really in need of your prayers. I say that not for our family alone, but for all of us. We've been very sad to watch and know people who are really struggling, worse than us. Some even go home. It just really is that tough sometimes, folks.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for following the call God has placed on your lives! We who are still enjoying the comforts and familiarity of our homeland have no idea what you are enduring, but we should continually lift you up to the Father who does. We love you and we will keep you in our prayers!
"no diagnosis can thwart God's promise on her head. He has a promise on her life that will be fulfilled, no matter what."
That would be the FIRST line that broke me into tears in this post. It was followed by many more :o)
Thank you for the reminder, to this Mama, that these babies serve a purpose far greater than we can ever imagine. These words will be printed out and attached to the wall that I will face as I am planning each week of our homeschool year. I need a constant reminder that our dedication of them to the Lord was more than a Baptist rite of passage.
Thank you also for being who you are, where you are. I am praying for you and am so, so glad to be able to read your specific needs and concerns.
Will you email me the quickest way to get something to you?
Again, The Murrays in NC are grateful for your family and are praying for you.
~Angela
Post a Comment