--Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis)
Granted, this life we live is hard. We are the type of Americans who are proud to be so. We love our country, our culture, our traditions. We miss the food, the driving, the family gatherings. We love staying connected so we feel like we aren't alone. We knew what this call meant. It meant, forsaking all things. It meant going, to the ends of the earth. To love a people we didn't know. To be a light in a very dark place.
We are finding ourselves off of our "guard" here lately. Our sinful ways are coming out, we are realizing how much we need Jesus in our daily lives. We are homesick for a million reasons. We are tired of monsoon, mold, fog, etc. We are finding ourselves grumpy. We cannot reach others with tarnished, dirty hands. Who we are when no one is looking is who we really are. I'm sure you can relate to this. I'm sure there are times in your life when you shudder at the thought that people will find out who you really are, or what you really struggle with. Satan's desire is for us to keep these things a secret so he can make us wallow in our misery. Jesus doesn't want us to live this way.
I'm resting in this. Jesus' blood washes all my sins away. He is the vine, and I am a branch...if I abide in Him, then He will abide in me and I will bare much fruit. This is a promise. May I be someone, who when caught "off guard," will bring glory to our King.
Thank you for lifting up our family. We love you all!
6 comments:
Thank you for your encouragement, Chandra! This is a great reminder. It is much like what our worship pastor was saying yesterday at church. We were singing the song "Amazing Love," and on the end of the chorus when we sing, "In all I do, I honor you," he was reminded of a friend from years past who asked to add the word "long" to that phrase. She would sing, "In all I do, I long to honor you," because she couldn't bring herself to sing that she honors God in all that she does, but that is what her heart longed for. You are so right in all that you said. I needed this reminder again! We'll be praying for your steadfastness. Love you all!
Thank you for your genuine, transparent words today! How they are so true and make me check my own motives lately!
Praying for you and your sweet family as you run the race!
There are so many things about this blog that I love. Praying for yall. Love you!
Sweet Chandra,
I will be praying for you. Having your sins come out is a painful thing in and of itself because you don't want to feel and act the way you are feeling and acting. I hope you are able to trust and rest every day in a God of great grace, mercy and understanding who knows and understands your thoughts and feelings. And as you do that I know the things you struggle with will gradually fade away. (And maybe be replace with new things...but such is life. :)
Chandra, Justin, Uncle Bernie and I are so proud of you and all that you are doing. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be away from all of your family that loves you and that you love so dearly. Through it all I know that you come out stronger on the other end and that your children will look back on these times as being such a great adventure in their young lives. You are both an inspiration to all of us back home. I love you and miss you!
Aunt Brenda
Post a Comment