Sisters
When I started this blog over three years ago, it was to share about our lives with family and friends who lived far away. I started out sharing almost daily what was happening in the hospital as I was pregnant with Catharine and we were all concerned daily of the latest news. Since we've moved to India, I have not really updated much about our children and how they are growing and changing! So, this post is to be a snapshot of our littles and their unique personalities at this stage of their lives.Madelyn Grace

Our biggest girl, now 5, is about to start Kindergarten! If we were in the States, she would already be in a classroom making friends. Since we are in India, we will start homeschooling officially the end of September. Madelyn loves to sit and work on projects, she loves to draw and color. She loves to play with Barbies and dolls and adores dressing up. She has always been into anything pink and prissy, and that will not change anytime soon. She is extremely compassionate and loves other people to the extreme. So many times a day, I find myself giggling at how much she talks! She never stops! She wants to engage in conversation with everyone, all the time, an extreme extrovert (wonder where she gets that?!!) Her feelings get hurt easily, she is very tender hearted. She desires verbal praise or affirmation, thrives on it. Oh how we love our big girl. She loves having sisters, and is a lil' Momma to Elizabeth. Sweet, sweet, Mah.
Catharine Faith

Catharine is 3 and some change. She is 100% or nothing. She loves to be snuggled and still sucks her two middle fingers when resting or going to sleep. She is stubborn and spicy and oh so funny. This kid makes us laugh constantly. She comes up with the funniest things to say, sometimes we don't know where on earth she gets it? (Though I think mostly from her Aunt Katie.) She wants to be a part of anything Madelyn is learning or doing in "school" and is really smart. She is our miracle, and shines bright to all around her. When we go anywhere, people go nuts over this child and she gives them high fives and smiles galore. I am sad to say that she is a bit clumsy, multiple times a day she gets hurt. If she gets mad, she immediately tries to hit or yell--again, passionate. So, we're working on that. But, overall, she is a love bug. Funny, Khak.
Elizabeth Hope
Elizabeth will be 18 months old this month. She is walking, climbing, dancing, singing, and always making us giggle. She shouts "MOM-MAY" every morning when she wakes up to let me know she is ready for me to get her. She loves to give kisses, making the "mmm-uhhh" sound each time. She wants to get her hands on the crayons and markers that her sisters are using so she can show her writing skills--which surprisingly she has at such a young age!? She hates to be confined to her room and will climb over whatever it is I have placed in the doorway. She still loves for me to wear her in the ergo, and in the car when we travel that is how she rides. She is a snuggle bug. When she gets sweaty, and she does a lot, her hair curls up into ringlets. She loves her big sisters and they love her. She is really a delight and has been a great help to us in building relationships in this culture. She will let anyone hold her and when they pretend to walk away with her, she acts as if she would go and be fine without her family. Sweet thing, we sometimes call her "Ellie-Hope," or "Izzabiss," and "Lizabiff."
I never had sisters. It is fun and sometimes crazy having three girls. They are very girly and prissy, emotional and squeal-ish. They already want my make-up and perfume, scarves and jewelry. I've been so blessed to have three little lovelies that think I am the best "girl" there is. I pray that I can teach them what Godly womanhood looks like. I desire for them to love God more than anything, each other and others. This mothering job is tough and refining, that is for sure. But, at the end of the day, I'm all the better for it.
3 comments:
Awesome! I love your girls - so sweet!
Oh how I LOVED reading this post and update on your girls! So sweet! What little beauties you have on your hands!!
How fun! I do love those girls! I'm sure khaki takes after me! I'll claim her!
Post a Comment