Monday, May 9, 2011

Cooking Joyfully

I'm braving some new things in my new house and kitchen.  I love watching the Food Network, is it now called the Cooking Channel?  Anyway, I've been inspired by people like Rachael Ray and Paula Deen for years, but I am now in a place where I can actually put to practice what I want to try!  I love having course salt on my counter and a pepper grinder.  I love using EVOO out of a cool nozzle jar (there is probably a real name for that).  I've made some from scratch biscuits and chocolate chip cookies.  I love succeeding in a recipe!  I love tweaking recipes and it working out nicely.  I've never been good at baking and I want to change that.  One step at a time...

I guess I'm thankful.  I learned how to do a lot of from scratch cooking while we lived overseas (though our time there was short).  I learned some basics that really helped me out!  I'll never smell onions and garlic sizzling in hot oil without thinking of the Indian women who showed me how to cook in their country.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm thankful for my kitchen and sort of re-newed passion for cooking. Hope to have you over soon :)  

No comments: