Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Moms in our Lives

My Mom lives in Washington State.  We don't get to see her much because of how far away we live from each other.  This picture was taken last fall when I visited for my Grandfather's funeral.  My Mom and I are a lot alike!  I have fun memories of "vegging" on the couch together and watching chick flicks.  We loved Christmas shopping together, or any kind of shopping together!  We both love jewelry, shoes and bags to an unhealthy degree ;)  And, she taught me to be silly and have fun, among a million other things.   She is MiMi to my girls, and has been known to put lipstick on their lips and let them prance around in her very high heels :)  Love you, Mama.

My Grandma Gayle.  My Grandpa called her "Rosie."  She is very special to me for so many reasons.  She can cook and bake like it ain't no one's b'ness!  She is very compassionate and kind and generous.  She loves gardening or anything to do with being in her yard and she has been in every single state in this country!  She has three children and six grand children (lots of great grands too).  She loves her family deeply.  Her home is what I call home, as it is the only place that  I have been able to "grow up" in.  Everyone else in my family has moved around a ton.  She loves my kids and sends us boxes about every month full of matching girl clothes.  She has always spoiled me rotten.  Oh how I love my Gram.

My Nana.  She bought me my first make-up and got me a perm at 13.  She taught me how to be "southern," as she is southern to the bone.  She reads her Bible and Daily Guidepost every night and we used to watch "I Love Lucy" together before bed when I lived with them.  She used to take me shopping for church clothes and shoes and other things.  She is a peach, that Nana of mine.

Andrea, Justin's Mom.  She is a special woman.  She is full of grace and the love of Jesus.  She desires to serve Him with all of her being.  She loves her children and grandchildren and enjoys shopping for them constantly :)  She is a Preacher's wife, and loves to serve the church.  She is smart and strong in so many ways.  She is a hard worker and so very wise.  She knows the Word and desires for other people to know Jesus and love Him the way she does.  She is the Nana to our girls, and loves them beyond words.  We love this woman.

Our Mema!  She never lets you go without a need or want.  She is fun and sees the bright side of things.  She is  full of wisdom and sound words.  Our girls love her so much and enjoy spending much time with her.  We are so thankful to live close enough to see her frequently.  Love you, Mema.  We want to be like you when we grow up!

No comments: